I've been an Ambit customer for 5+ years. They are still in their first ten years, and are operating in a bunch of states, so yes, they've had some growing pains. That being said, I've not had issues with them. After several years of being a customer, I got into some casual conversations friends and family and after 15, I now earn free energy each month. Plus, those friends are now saving money with Ambit. Usually 20-30%. A widow on fixed income who is a neighbor was paying .16/ kWh with one of the big guys. Now, as an Ambit customer, she is paying under $.10 /kWh.
For 2015, and my 4 BR home in N. TX, I paid just over $308 for a whole year of electricity. *We use natural gas for heat and water heater.
Are they perfect? Nope. Should you give them a phone number or two, in addition to email address or two? Yes! In my experience, if we missed a bill we were mailed a 2nd notice. I'd give them a couple ways to contact you, and actually read your emails from them. No matter who you use, if you go out of town, let them know, and arrange payments.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Saving money
- Service and savings
- Free electricity
What I disliked
You May Also Like
- "We have 6.5 wooded acres, that has a R.O.W., Right of Way, from our local electric company (Orange & Rockland Utilities) over our property! There are three big electric..."
- "Clearview representatives were 3 times to my house and the three told him I was not interested and very upset third man told me that he was the supervisor who..."
- "I received an offer in the mail 8 months ago approximately early October 2014 stating that I would receive 25,000 Aeroplan miles for renting a water heater from Direct Energy,..."
- "3 weeks ago I made a purchase of two 2016 Nike Roshes at Sneaker Apparel store and have been charged, but to the day I haven't received any feedback from..."
- "I placed an order to be delivered on Feb 6. Order stated that a local florist would handle the order. I previously called customer service (6times) to report that we..."
- "I went to go and get my car assesed by Pep Boys, they said that they would evaluate the damage and would charge me x amount of money for it...."
- "I sent in my LG G3 phone for repair in Sept. I received a status on 10/5 that if I want it repaired it would cost $72 which I agreed..."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."
- "Please Do NOT PURCHASE from this company. I purchased several items, clothing received was STAINED and jumpsuit was not as described as on website. The most frustrating part of this..."