I am a new ambit energy customer and hadn't had a problem with them until last month.I recently had a baby in Oct.2011, so I had to quit my job, and a month later my boyfriend changed his job also.
We were managing fine, until Dec. came around. With the holidays here and everything else, we were on a budget. I called an agency they told me about, that helps low income families pay their electrical bills.
One week before my Dec. bill was due I was approved and the agency sends ambit a pledge for $72.05, I called Ambit two days before the bill was due to let them know about the pledge and that the payment might be late, they said it was ok. Then when I received my Jan. bill I noticed that I owed $171.33 for Dec.
and Jan. but before I could call the agency or even make a payment my services were interrupted, without a disconnection notice. We went to the agency right away and they told me that the pledge had been sent, but did not know why it hadn't been posted. They called Ambit and refax the pledge, and then asked me to make a $66.00 payment to ambit, for my service to get reconnected.
I called Ambit after I made the payment and was told that it would take 24hrs for the pledge to show on their system so that they couldn't send a reconnect order until then. The next day I get a lease violation at the apartments where I live, for having my electricity disconnected. A week after that incident I received a disconnect ion notice telling me that I had to make a $99.28 payment or I would get disconnected. I made the payment right away, and then I received my Feb.
bill days later for $342.24. I called ambit and they told me the bill hadn't been updated yet, but that I still have to pay $170.42, and they could not waive the disconnect and reconnect charges. I asked them that if I change companies would I get my $200.00 deposit back, and they said no, not if you break the contract.
I honestly think this company is a rip-off; they don't acknowledge their mistakes and blame their customers.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Electricity Payments
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Lawrence Bradbrook and Paul Reynolds were previously the Directors of SKYShades Australia, a Brisbane based business owned by Brisbane Bronco's founding Chairman Barry Maranta and his business partner Forest Lake..."
- "I bought a 16kw Generac Guardian in 2006 from an authorized installer. Within three years, the amount of rust on the steel base and inner steel panels was tremendous. No..."
- "I mistakenly signed up for North American Power for both electric and gas, enticed by their low intro rates. Next thing I know, my gas bill is up to..."
- "They're construction is horrible....I bought a foreclosed home from them and the problems does not end....Floors are rotted and home is shifting....insurance denying me coverage......"
- "Timely received initial order. Stock did not fit, and part number matched website for "Encore" Rifle, not the "Encore Pro Hunter." Although I initially thought I had ordered..."
- "I went to the Huddle House in Cleveland, MS on August 9th, around 8:30 am. I ordered two western omelets and one ham and cheese omelet. On one of the..."
- "Am i the only one complaining about fake leads. And other contractors putting up job requests to make contractors waste credits. And some are customers puting up job requests just..."
- "I have recently purchased 128GB "FASTER" brand memory cards, 8 in total, over 4 separate orders @ a cost of $17.99 ea. The problem is that ALL of these memory..."
- "Disappointing service by Dynamite CLothing I placed an online order for 2 dresses on Nov 28,2016 and selected "2 day delivery" by paying $20 extra. Items were shipped on Nov..."