I am a new ambit energy customer and hadn't had a problem with them until last month.I recently had a baby in Oct.2011, so I had to quit my job, and a month later my boyfriend changed his job also.
We were managing fine, until Dec. came around. With the holidays here and everything else, we were on a budget. I called an agency they told me about, that helps low income families pay their electrical bills.
One week before my Dec. bill was due I was approved and the agency sends ambit a pledge for $72.05, I called Ambit two days before the bill was due to let them know about the pledge and that the payment might be late, they said it was ok. Then when I received my Jan. bill I noticed that I owed $171.33 for Dec.
and Jan. but before I could call the agency or even make a payment my services were interrupted, without a disconnection notice. We went to the agency right away and they told me that the pledge had been sent, but did not know why it hadn't been posted. They called Ambit and refax the pledge, and then asked me to make a $66.00 payment to ambit, for my service to get reconnected.
I called Ambit after I made the payment and was told that it would take 24hrs for the pledge to show on their system so that they couldn't send a reconnect order until then. The next day I get a lease violation at the apartments where I live, for having my electricity disconnected. A week after that incident I received a disconnect ion notice telling me that I had to make a $99.28 payment or I would get disconnected. I made the payment right away, and then I received my Feb.
bill days later for $342.24. I called ambit and they told me the bill hadn't been updated yet, but that I still have to pay $170.42, and they could not waive the disconnect and reconnect charges. I asked them that if I change companies would I get my $200.00 deposit back, and they said no, not if you break the contract.
I honestly think this company is a rip-off; they don't acknowledge their mistakes and blame their customers.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Electricity Payments
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqeSXcXm3ug This is my personnal experience with the Bully Jeff Harmond.. The owner of Missouri Wind and solar is verry VINDICATIVE against anyone that dont buy his product.. Even people that..."
- "I bought a 16kw Generac Guardian in 2006 from an authorized installer. Within three years, the amount of rust on the steel base and inner steel panels was tremendous. No..."
- "I came home on a Monday nignt from work to find my gas had been turned off for some unknown reason. I called ONG and the Rep said she..."
- "i can personally relate to patients complaining about poor dental service, and then the dentist resort to blaming the patient for their mistakes.my partials were so deformed that friends of..."
- "I noticed the love seat was not sitting right and I called and they sent a person out to my house and he discovered the frame bent, I found the..."
- "I called your corporate office and that was a joke. You can reach no one . I called for your legal department and no one knew of one. Your..."
- "took this picture from our seat on airplane and it is impossible to get hold of someone to repair/replace stroller. No one at either IND or ORD or any..."
- "They screwed up my order and then refused to refund my payment even though the show time day was in the future. They told me that their system did..."
- "Beware of RMC Motors in Howick! This business has gone into financial difficulties since early 2016 and now it appears that their owners Mike and Kim Le Roux are trying..."