I was under contract for 7.2 cents a month and elected to let my contract go to variable rate, which per their website says you can save 3% guaranteed (I have screen shots and downloads of this to prove it.). However, my rate jumped to 15.9 cents and hasn't gone down since. When calling to complain about this, I got the line from them that they because I failed to renew my contract that they switched me the variable system, which by everything on their website should be cheap - I have included screenshots and their own documentation. In fact, non of the competitive rates go that high on their website. I've filed complaints with the Utilities Commission and the Attorney General in PA.
If you Google Ambit energy and class action lawsuit, you will see I am not alone in this as.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Energy Bill
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I bought this item at Lowe's in Canada (Toronto) in May, 2015. I paid $700 for it because for some reason, I thought it was supposed to be a..."
- "Ameren is a ripoff company. I have a second home which im only there a couple times a year. I recieve a monthly bill for around $20 and change for surcharges..."
- "I purchased a Piazetta wood stove through an installer who obtained it from Pacific Energy. The unit broke down every 2 weeks it was used during the winter of 2013-2014...."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "I "purchased" a camera from a 2016 Black Friday special; Nikon d3400 for $349. Great price but not so great that it seemed unreal. It took several days just to..."
- "My Sister from AL Khor Qatar sent me money via trans fast worth P 20,223.35 which I received it at mlhuilier just only P 20,098.00. Where's the remaining P 125.35?..."
- "I bought a dress worth £99 plus £21 for the delivery, it was never delivered and they just want to refund me 40 % of the dress value, when I..."