Ambit Energy - Doubled my Rate Increase

89 of 169 Ambit Energy reviews

I was under contract for 7.2 cents a month and elected to let my contract go to variable rate, which per their website says you can save 3% guaranteed (I have screen shots and downloads of this to prove it.). However, my rate jumped to 15.9 cents and hasn't gone down since. When calling to complain about this, I got the line from them that they because I failed to renew my contract that they switched me the variable system, which by everything on their website should be cheap - I have included screenshots and their own documentation. In fact, non of the competitive rates go that high on their website. I've filed complaints with the Utilities Commission and the Attorney General in PA.

If you Google Ambit energy and class action lawsuit, you will see I am not alone in this as.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Product or service
Energy Bill
Review category
Utility
review #523539 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ambit Energy? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 1 No 1
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
89 of 169 Ambit Energy reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Truth Cant Read

Sep 05, 2014 #866151

Did you even look at the screen shots on attached to this post? It says Fixed for 3 months - That looks like a contract.

0 0 Reply
Angel

Sep 16, 2014 #871238

The problem with Ambit is that they do not offer a bundled rate and do not inform you that your contract is up to renew and be locked in at a lower rate.
If you are looking for a better rate and want to help a good cause by helping feed a hungry child every time you pay your electric bill. I have just the company for you! Will Play for food is a non profit organization that is partnered with your local essential service provider. Email me for more details yourrealsolutions.inc@gmail.com

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Ambit Energy. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Ambit Energy.
Filing a new complaint about
×