Resolved
Additional Fees

Update by user Feb 02

Took quite a bit of time to actually get in touch with the correct people, customer service gave me the run around, sent my bill to collections, and all that hoopla, BUT as soon as the home offices were notified of this HUGE inconvenience they took care of it within a day. It was handled so well and I am super thankful for that.

If you are having these types of problems make sure that you are contacting the right people or whoever you are talking to is giving you correct information. It took a whole lot for mine to get put in the right hands.

Original review posted by user Jan 03

How low can a company get? Not only have you guys blown up my phone, email, apartment complex (which I no longer live at as it was devastated by Hurricane Harvey, which you know), your customer service representatives have LITERALLY ARGUED WITH ME ON THE PHONE when I sent you paperwork, my landlord sent you papers saying I was forced to evacuate and did not live there for the ENTIRE MONTH you are charging me.

As if this isn’t bad enough, I contacted the BBB and reported the issue to which there was ANOTHER argument, again got my complex involved for help as my family and I were homeless and lost everything. Someone from your company called me last week to tell me that they were having trouble reaching me at my address and wanted to make sure they had the correct one. I asked what was being sent to me and to where because I’ve updated everything online AND on the phone with you guys. The associate informed me you guys have been sending everything to my flooded/unlivable apartment and then assured me it was confirmation that my account was in good standing and had been resolved.

Today, I received a bill from a collection agency for $100 for the entire month I was homeless FROM HURRICANE HARVEY. When our county/city/state was declared a disaster and we did not live in that unit. Not only did your company lie to me and refuse to accept proof of what was going on you reported me to a credit bureau before FEMA even finished evaluating my case. What about the THOUSANDS of people who couldn’t even call to explain their situation are you still charging for these units?

Seems like complete incompetence on YOUR END and taking extreme advantage of your customers when they need help the most. No? Did I mention I was a loyal on time paying customer for five years?

And I have now received a second notice from collections again for a month that I was MANDATORY EVACUATED FROM MY INHABITABLE APARTMENT AND I CALLED YOU GUYS IN THE WHOLE MESS OF IT TO HAVE THE POWER SHUT OFF. ***.

Review about: Ambit Energy Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

As soon as I was able to get in contact with someone who actually worked in the home offices my problem was solved IMMEDIATELY. This did take some time, and I'm not sure why I was given quite the run around or who I was ever speaking to originally, but I most certainly was NEVER directed to a person in management.

EVERYTHING IS RESOLVED. I suggest anyone with issues make SURE you are getting in contact with corporate.