Ambit Energy - Rip-off
I am a new ambit energy customer and hadn't had a problem with them until last month.I recently had a baby in Oct.2011, so I had to quit my job, and a month later my boyfriend changed his job also.
We were managing fine, until Dec. came around. With the holidays here and everything else, we were on a budget. I called an agency they told me about, that helps low income families pay their electrical bills.
One week before my Dec. bill was due I was approved and the agency sends ambit a pledge for $72.05, I called Ambit two days before the bill was due to let them know about the pledge and that the payment might be late, they said it was ok. Then when I received my Jan. bill I noticed that I owed $171.33 for Dec.
and Jan. but before I could call the agency or even make a payment my services were interrupted, without a disconnection notice. We went to the agency right away and they told me that the pledge had been sent, but did not know why it hadn't been posted. They called Ambit and refax the pledge, and then asked me to make a $66.00 payment to ambit, for my service to get reconnected.
I called Ambit after I made the payment and was told that it would take 24hrs for the pledge to show on their system so that they couldn't send a reconnect order until then. The next day I get a lease violation at the apartments where I live, for having my electricity disconnected. A week after that incident I received a disconnect ion notice telling me that I had to make a $99.28 payment or I would get disconnected. I made the payment right away, and then I received my Feb.
bill days later for $342.24. I called ambit and they told me the bill hadn't been updated yet, but that I still have to pay $170.42, and they could not waive the disconnect and reconnect charges. I asked them that if I change companies would I get my $200.00 deposit back, and they said no, not if you break the contract.
I honestly think this company is a rip-off; they don't acknowledge their mistakes and blame their customers.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Lawrence Bradbrook and Paul Reynolds were previously the Directors of SKYShades Australia, a Brisbane based business owned by Brisbane Bronco's founding Chairman Barry Maranta and his business partner Forest Lake..."
- "I am writing to complain, and hopefully inform others, not to be deceived and taken advantage of by offers to switch to a third party Gas and Electric supplier named..."
- "Had my generator serviced as per the contract by the installer in Feb. March snowstorm here i Rochester NY and the engine is done. It bent pushrods and BROKE the..."
- "I was disabled at my workplace and really was in desperate need of financial help and was denied by American Zurich before they even received my Veteran medical records. I..."
- "Having known the people at Midas Svc. Center in Tupelo, MS., for a long time, I purchased my second set of Bridgestone Insignia SE 200's in December 2010. Recently, with..."
- "Was suppose to receive flowers on Tuesday May 5 and they showed up at my school( which of course is closed) on Saturday May 9. Would not have known they..."
- "I had a full size couch, 2 person seat and 2 Recliners MADE TO ORDER and the Couch’s ARM was Never made Properly From The Start. All the Pieces recline..."
- "We order and received a wig. it was very poor quality. You could see stitches in the crown of the wig. No matter how you tried to..."
- "We had a wonderful experience with pictures in gold when they made a custom police star pendent for my daughters 30th birthdayShe loves it and won't take it offThe quality..."