Ambit Energy - Rip-off
I am a new ambit energy customer and hadn't had a problem with them until last month.I recently had a baby in Oct.2011, so I had to quit my job, and a month later my boyfriend changed his job also.
We were managing fine, until Dec. came around. With the holidays here and everything else, we were on a budget. I called an agency they told me about, that helps low income families pay their electrical bills.
One week before my Dec. bill was due I was approved and the agency sends ambit a pledge for $72.05, I called Ambit two days before the bill was due to let them know about the pledge and that the payment might be late, they said it was ok. Then when I received my Jan. bill I noticed that I owed $171.33 for Dec.
and Jan. but before I could call the agency or even make a payment my services were interrupted, without a disconnection notice. We went to the agency right away and they told me that the pledge had been sent, but did not know why it hadn't been posted. They called Ambit and refax the pledge, and then asked me to make a $66.00 payment to ambit, for my service to get reconnected.
I called Ambit after I made the payment and was told that it would take 24hrs for the pledge to show on their system so that they couldn't send a reconnect order until then. The next day I get a lease violation at the apartments where I live, for having my electricity disconnected. A week after that incident I received a disconnect ion notice telling me that I had to make a $99.28 payment or I would get disconnected. I made the payment right away, and then I received my Feb.
bill days later for $342.24. I called ambit and they told me the bill hadn't been updated yet, but that I still have to pay $170.42, and they could not waive the disconnect and reconnect charges. I asked them that if I change companies would I get my $200.00 deposit back, and they said no, not if you break the contract.
I honestly think this company is a rip-off; they don't acknowledge their mistakes and blame their customers.review #297053
You may also like
- "6:10pm and a "representive" came to the door, getting ready to serve dinner, my fiancé lye him in. He kept going on about saving us money ($7 average, to be..."
- "AmeriGas on line payment system sucks. I have had to make the last two month payments by phone.They do not have the information for a complete statement. The system will..."
- "My Rains Soft water treatment system is horrible. It doesn't work as advertised. I get dirty water out of my sink taps, toilets showers about 3 - 4..."
- "Cortney Kimbrow that is employed by Target in Hattiesburg, Mississippi as a manager is very rude & unprofessional.I went in to return an article of clothing that I had bought..."
- "I purchased two bearing packs for an 03 Lexus ES 300 July 2013 one year later left rear bearing pack axle broke in half causing an accidentCRS and Mount Holly..."
- "I'm living with my bf for two months in Meridian, MS. Tonight we just wanted a simple dinner so we ordered Pizza Hut. He got his $6.99 medium deal and..."
- "Chicago on Halsted street and asked for a simple trim.I just had 22 inch hair extentions installed that cost me $272.00. A lady by the name of V chopped off about..."
- "Shelby mt pizza hut going to ***.. Burnt pizza.. And rude mgmt team.. Would You eat this *** let alone pay extra for it......"
- "Stanley Steemer was the worst company I ever used. I had removed everything out of the bedroom for them. They only go over your rug once and it was left..."