Ambit Energy - Rip-off
I am a new ambit energy customer and hadn't had a problem with them until last month.I recently had a baby in Oct.2011, so I had to quit my job, and a month later my boyfriend changed his job also.
We were managing fine, until Dec. came around. With the holidays here and everything else, we were on a budget. I called an agency they told me about, that helps low income families pay their electrical bills.
One week before my Dec. bill was due I was approved and the agency sends ambit a pledge for $72.05, I called Ambit two days before the bill was due to let them know about the pledge and that the payment might be late, they said it was ok. Then when I received my Jan. bill I noticed that I owed $171.33 for Dec.
and Jan. but before I could call the agency or even make a payment my services were interrupted, without a disconnection notice. We went to the agency right away and they told me that the pledge had been sent, but did not know why it hadn't been posted. They called Ambit and refax the pledge, and then asked me to make a $66.00 payment to ambit, for my service to get reconnected.
I called Ambit after I made the payment and was told that it would take 24hrs for the pledge to show on their system so that they couldn't send a reconnect order until then. The next day I get a lease violation at the apartments where I live, for having my electricity disconnected. A week after that incident I received a disconnect ion notice telling me that I had to make a $99.28 payment or I would get disconnected. I made the payment right away, and then I received my Feb.
bill days later for $342.24. I called ambit and they told me the bill hadn't been updated yet, but that I still have to pay $170.42, and they could not waive the disconnect and reconnect charges. I asked them that if I change companies would I get my $200.00 deposit back, and they said no, not if you break the contract.
I honestly think this company is a rip-off; they don't acknowledge their mistakes and blame their customers.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I had a water filter installed on my main water line, which draws from an underground stream. The canister was installed without the use of any wall brackets in..."
- "We have 6.5 wooded acres, that has a R.O.W., Right of Way, from our local electric company (Orange & Rockland Utilities) over our property! There are three big electric..."
- "I purchased a Piazetta wood stove through an installer who obtained it from Pacific Energy. The unit broke down every 2 weeks it was used during the winter of 2013-2014...."
- "House was built in 2007, too many issues to name but most recent I rotting subfloor and insurance will not cover damage due to poor home construction. I've already fallen..."
- "I went to the Huddle House in Cleveland, MS on August 9th, around 8:30 am. I ordered two western omelets and one ham and cheese omelet. On one of the..."
- "Won an auction,sseller tells me ebay misprinted shipping fees & wanted me to make up difference.I responded that I would purchase at advertised price,shipping include.Purchased item,seller cancels without my consent,refunds..."
- "I received a postcard that assured me that I had "an unclaimed reward" -- I called the provided number on the card; the person who answered spoke broken English and..."
- "nag order po kami ng ka work ko nung April 14,2016 tapos nag bayad po agad kami sa 7-eleven kasi didaw po COD at darating daw po ang item ng..."
- "Respected Sir, ..."