Ambit Energy is incompetent

I switched to Ambit Energy to save money on my electric bill and to make money promoting it as it is offered through multi level marketing.

I put my residence and numerous investment homes on Ambit plus a boat load of friends and relatives. It cost $350 to become a rep and 1 year later I have not been paid a dime.

Rates jumped 12.9 to 16.9, They cut off my service at home because the pymt was credited (repeatedly) to the wrong account. Food ruined, children were stuck in the cold, pets couldn't be attended to. Their admitted error, so i turned elect. back on myself. I then was fined for meter tampering??? They refuse to re-imburse I, my friends and family have all dropped Ambit.

d546a15 review #127827
9 Helpful? 10
Had the same issue0 Comments23 Report
Had an experience with Ambit Energy?  Submit review about this company
Don

Dec 03, 2012

The truth of the matter is that some of these so called complaints are coming from States that Ambit does not even service yet. There is NEVER a contract to sign and if you don't pay your bill Ambit does not shut you off it's your incumbant that will. Most States it's illegal to shut off your power because you are late, they give you fair warnings ahead of time.. Ambit is a legitimate company that will guarantee you to save at least 1% every month.

Dave

Sep 14, 2013 Richardson, Texas

The truth is this complaint above is from Texas, which Ambit Energy does service. There are contracts under Ambit for Texas. Ambit will disconnect service through their electric supplier, but it is Ambit's call. It isn't illegal for them to cut someone's power in Texas. They can always say they sent notices or tried to contact you, and you can spend time and much money trying to prove them wrong, or you can move service to another electric company, which I recommend. Unfortunately, corporations have more protections in place than individuals.

Swqueen

Nov 23, 2012

Well people most complaints are from people either late or not paying their bills b4 I got on ambit I got my electric turned off by my incumbent company
I had some problems paying my bill ,but it was my own fault . So if i am now with ambit and fall behind I should expect the same , I can't be mad , but,
I am now getting $150.00 credit every month towards my bill cause I have 20 ,I only needed 15 to get my credit , but I got 20 just in case a couple don't pay there bill ,, but that only makes sense to me,
I am finding every thing promised from ambit to be true I have also made back 1,200.00 and if I consider the energy credit of $150.00 per month I am extremely happy ,, swqueen@comcast.net

Anon

Jul 14 Greece, New York

Well, your income and energy credits are going to make this customer feel so much better. Hey Ambit zombie - it's not all about you!

Kaycee

Nov 01, 2012

Four score and seven mniuets ago, I read a sweet article. Lol thanks

Joe

Jul 14, 2012

I live in Texas and when they shut my power off it got so hot in the house that the cat melted to the floor, dang what a mess that was. I called them and they said I should have bought a dog...

Bridgette

Mar 16, 2012

swith - switchregreat

regereat - regret

Bridgette

Mar 16, 2012

Ambit is continuously at the top in MLM. That also means that their consultants have ruined many of their relationships with friends and family that they deceived. When one is fooled and wants their money back, they start deceiving other people too. And this process repeats over and over again. Most of the consultants who does this will never admit it or else they can't scam more people.

It cost more to use Ambit . . . How come? Why? I can't figure out myself and I regreat beleiving my friend who convinced me to swith to their service. For me its nothing more than a scam to deceive consultant that they will be rich and to deceive users that they can save in their utility bills in long term.

Well, if the way to be earn extra dollar is to fool people then go ahead. Karma always happens . . .

jay

Feb 11, 2012

i am interested in saving money, as is everyone. i would just like to know who's lying and who's not, about ambit. i am not interested in the marketing aspect of it, i simply want to pay less for electricity. is there some source for real proven truth about ambit? /// and by the way....people really need to work on grammar and spelling on these posts. it's hard for me to believe anyones' opinion when their spelling, grammar, and presentation are so poorly written.

Mike

Jan 30, 2012

If you think it does'nt work your living in another universe and nobody can help you. The fact remains Ambit Energy has been The #1 fastest growing private company in the country in 2010 and remained in the top 400 for 2011. I represent them and have 3 accounts as a customer. I'll share wanna see a annual statement showing savings? message me. Hopefully people have common sense when reading these and understand anyone can post anything without any proof. mrwenergy2010@gmail.com

Who knows?

Jan 20, 2012

So I have been approached 6 different times by people in my area to "join the business". All i keep hearing is how much money everyone is "going to make".. Well, so you may get a check for 100 or 200$ in the first month or 2, BIG DEAL! In my area they want 475$ just to join. All I am saying is that no one in my area has made any real money and look at all the time and effort spent driving to these meetings, trying to convince friends and family how rich they are "going" to be and only to make a measly 1 or 200$? Law of math states that any time you are paying out more in combined level commissions that you are taking in, it's a SCAM. Bottom line is like with all other MLM businesses a select few make money while all the others (like 70+ thousand with Ambit) don't.

Clueless people

Sep 23, 2011

Ambit Energy in Texas is a "Retail Electric Provider" (REP).

They do NOT handle the meter/poles/wiring. They only sign people up, give rates, and bill people.

Such dumbasses that tamper with the meter shouldn't complain about Ambit when it is their TDU (in TX that is AEP Central/North, Oncor, CenterPoint, or TNMP) that handles the wires/meter/poles/etc.

When you sign up for new service you have a choice of term plans. Those rates are fixed once you sign up. There is also a VARIABLE rate that IS higher and can VARY from MONTH to MONTH.

Some people are just idiots.

YogiMonster

Apr 04, 2011

Oh Shadow of Truth. I am a REAL customer so there goes your comment: "The People writing all the good things about the business opportunity and the service are employed to set up accounts with different names and then write false but positive reviews at all the web sites and blogs and any internet sites discussing the truth about them".

YogiMonster

Apr 04, 2011

I have been with AMBIT for year and am extremely happy with them! I have never seen a bill that had extra charges on them. I do kn ow for a fact- when they changed our meter to the new kind my usage went up even though nothing changed in my house,(this was done before I got AMBIT) same thing happened to my nephew and he has a different energy company. :grin

Shadow of Truth

Jan 21, 2011

I started working with ambit about two years after the opened at the time they were telling everyone the would get 12.9 electricity. The rate would change the following month and the claim is that it was not a locked rate, thus new rate of 19.9 more or less, but it makes a difference on price and not liberally disclosed to customers or reps. Undisclosed information is the same as lying.... too much deceit in this world.
The People writing all the good things about the business opportunity and the service are employed to set up accounts with different names and then write false but positive reviews at all the web sites and blogs and any internet sites discussing the truth about them. They even have to call people *** or lazy and worse on the discussions. If it causes you or your brother to fall don't do it.
I have discovered after many MLM Company attempts, anyone asking you to start with your Family and Friends doesn't care if you lose trust with your family or friends. You should never do anything to burn bridges and if you use your closeness to people to manipulate..... it can cost you.
Assessment: In 25 years of searching for a MLM Company to build a good steady income with I have discovered only the Original Starters of the Company Make the money, everyone else is just pawns to be used until they tire of trying but have talked someone else to try... and they will until the realize the waste of time and money; but by then they have other's who
... Show more

GALINA

Aug 31, 2010

NOW WAY! I CAN'T BELIVE! IS NOT TRUE! I JOINED AMBIT AN I GOT MY MONEYU BACK IN 3 WEEKS! OF COURESE IF YOU DON'T DO NOTHING HAOW U WANT TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK!U NEED TO PUT TIME IN THIS!!!!AND BELIVE ME IT WORKS!AND MY BNILLS ARE LOWER!

Todd Mottl

Jun 08, 2010

I read these negative comments and wonder just how *** you are or think we are. There is a written guarantee from Ambit to save. They honor that. My electric bill went down $70. I will be getting FREE electricity in less than 60 days. FREE because I wasn't lazy and went and got my 15 referrals. Jeri Breedlove, you are a liar. Anyone knows an ESCO does not bill you...your old provider does now don't they.

mtsoldevila

Apr 19, 2010

:( Ambit is not a reliable company. They send me bills extremely high and could not provide me a meter reading date to verify readings. In 10 years living in same house never paid $400 on electric bill. It is ridiculuos.

1-20 of 23 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Ambit Energy.
Filing a new complaint about
×